HTC ThunderBolt Email Setup Instructions
Your phone will provide access to your Gmail, Google Contacts, and Google Calendar as soon as you set up your Google account during activation. Your Google account is needed to access key Android services such as Google Backup and Android Market so you may want to record your Gmail address and password and store it in a safe place. The HTC Thunderbolt also supports popular email services such as Yahoo!, Windows Live, AOL and Verizon.net. To setup your email account, simply follow the instructions below. Be sure to review the Tips section for additional information.
TIPS AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Email server settings: Server settings for most popular email providers are available on the Verizon Wireless Support site verzonwireless.com/emailsettings. Visit your email provider’s website for additional information.
- Add additional email accounts: Tap to open the Applications list, tap Mail, tap Menu, tap Accounts list, New Account and go to step 2 of the instructions on page 1.
- If you were unable to setup your Gmail account during Setup: From the Applications list, tap Gmail and follow the on-screen instructions. Be sure to enter a secondary email address, if you have one, as it will aide in recovery of account information in the event you ever replace or reset your device and do not remember your account information.
- Forgot your Google Username/Password: Visit www.google.com/accounts and click on “Can’t access your account” under the login area.
- Explore additional options: Within the Inbox of an account , press the Menu key, tap More, then Settings, and explore your options.
- You can set the Download Options and Update Schedule (longer intervals extend battery life); set your default email account; how you are notified of new email; and more.
- Verizon-Yahoo! Email users: Select Yahoo! in Step 2 and then enter your email credentials as Userid: email@example.com, Password: your account password.
- Domain Name users: If you use your own domain (eg. firstname.lastname@example.org) to send and receive email, check with your domain name registrar for your POP and SMTP settings. Then use Other (POP/IMAP) and Manual Setup.
- Unable to configure an email account: As an alternative, it may be possible to access your account via the phone’s web browser. Contact you email provider for additional information.
Right-click here to download PDF version